10 Things I Learned In Week 5 of the 128 week NFT collection of 1of1 pieces with AI ART, AI WRITING and some human output sprinkled throughout.
- Nature images really draw people in. The golden piece with the path the lake had people commenting that it brought a palpable sense of calm just looking at it. Some felt it draw them in. That’s fun! And the prompt “Seven Days Of Silence” producing the pink flowers on the lake was just so sublime!
- Follow every weird path! On a strange little whim one evening I asked GPT3 to describe a trippy elephant. A. What she wrote is completely beautiful. B. What midjourney produced when I used it as a prompt is… well.. It worked!!
“A psychedelic elephant is a vivid, trippy vision of an elephant, bursting with bold colors, intricate patterns, and surreal details. Its massive form is a canvas of wild and imaginative designs, shifting and pulsing with a life of its own. From its trunk to its tail, every inch is covered in swirling swirls, dizzying spirals, and radiant rainbows, creating a mesmerizing, otherworldly sight. This elephant is not just a creature, but a living, breathing work of art, carrying the spirit of psychedelia wherever it goes.”
- I brought in an old dalle2 (lmao “old”… it’s 8 weeks old at most… things are moving FAST!) and it’s awesome for contrast. I’ll try to keep doing that regularly. It really is amazing to see the difference, & I’m sure the difference between week 5 and week 105 will be bonkers!
- STORIES!! After the success with Psychedelic Elephant I had a vision in my mind of a clever fox deity and managed with some iteration and tweaking to get something really amazing! The real magic started when I asked GPT3 to write me a story about a clever fox god! Kitsune was born!! This produced what will become an entire arc of probably 100s of interlinked stories! Kitsune’s story had a river god in it. Owl God’s story had a Rogue Hacker in it! All these stories will form a thread, maybe a tapestry, that will live contextually on chain.
- Fractals! Holy shit fractals. Huge thanks to John Walter for his amazing article about how to create variations of 20 different fractals on top of a consistent seed in Midjourney!! I spent the whole morning running all 20 fractal types on top of a seed-consistent “meditating robot mind / fractal “ prompt. The results were/are mind blowing. Every single image is basically perfect, beautiful and usable! Every Friday for the next 80 weeks will be Fractal Friday as I release them all slowly!! Just freakin amazing.
- Going on podcasts to talk about the collection is super fun! I’ll need to do more of that. Huge thanks to @artdrop5 & @YES_IM_A_Geek for the invite. Here’s a link to the show! We dove DEEP on AI and what it might mean when everyone on earth effectively has artistic super powers! WATCH: https://youtu.be/vZhrYfhstno
- More on following whims… For some strange reason it popped into my head that I wanted to see a quantum computer’s rendition of a grilled cheese sandwich. *I’ve been eating in spartan mode this month so its not that strange maybe. It was not my intention to include the piece in the collection but the FB post I made about this got as much or more engagement than anything else yet so… It’s in! Long live the hyper-intelligent grilled cheese of destiny! This piece releases in Week 6.
- Following the right people on twitter (or anywhere) is SUPER high value. One piece of advice I see over and over to increase reach (something I need to do for 128weeks and to help the Uplift grow as much as I can) is to create lists of people @ or above your reach level in the niche’s you are interested in and to comment on a tweet from each person every day. I’ll get into this more in the “What I Learned In Month One” article.
- Day 31 – Aspirational…. Ended up being one of my favorites. At my very best musically I feel an intense level of precision that is entirely lacking anywhere else in my life. My decades of practice in the medium translate into exacting movements that feel like a ritual. It brings the Samurai to mind for me which is why I created this piece. It’s the level I want to attain. Interestingly a good friend of mine saw this piece on FB and said it summed me up in a way he hadn’t thought of before but that it fit really well. Best compliment ever? Shmabey!!
- Something a bit pragmatic; not sure if this is just Neftyblocks.com but when creating SCHEMAs eg. Week..1 that holds all the templates for the week you can’t use numbers higher than 5. So look out for week..six. And It will be an interesting challenge creating the schema for week 98 lol. Maybe a little math?
Week..45..35 or week.ntyate
Oh. 11. I learned that for real sometimes this is going to feel like work and I’ll fall off my game a bit on daily action / schedule. I’m going to let that be ok. This article and Month 1 article are coming out later than I’d like. Changes I’m implementing will be around starting the 10 things/week list doc on day one of that week and point form it. Same for the Months
123 Weeks to Go!!