10 Things I Learned In Week 4 & First Month!
- The DO THE WORK meditating robot is one of my fav pieces so far. And the art in general is getting better and better. Thank you midjourney!
- The A.I. space really is exploding. It’s difficult to keep up and I’m super grateful that #128weeks forces me to stay plugged in and engaged and will through much of the arc of the adoption of this new tech field.
- I’ve sold 5/30 in the first month. I didn’t know what to expect but I really don’t hate that number. Have to start somewhere. Lots of room to improve. Having TONS of ideas.
- I announced that I’m keeping the price at 600 WAX for the duration. So people buying now should be in a much better position than buying later this year or as we push into 2025 certainly. And it’s also the case that if they don’t sell out, we might find buyers a year after the peak when wax dips again! I’m here for the long haul. Sooner or later everyone one of these pieces is going to find a home! That’s a fun feeling.
- The way I played the last night of ceremony blew my mind. It truly felt like I was channeling something more powerful than I ever have as a musician, and to be super honest I am pretty good and have done some amazing musical things! There will 1000% come a time when I’ll be incorporating a series of these NFTs that have original music and the intent will be that whoever owns the 1of1 NFT of that song will have rights to do with it as they please!!
- I’ll be having gpt write drafts of song lyrics then adapt them as I add the music, and I think VERY soon there will be the tools to do text to music so I’ll be able to crank out original novel bed tracks to play over and create with! I should be able to write a few QUALITY songs every single day lol. Which is freakin bonkers.
- I am starting to feel a sense of pride in this work. I love the daily consistency of it. I love that it keeps me pretty up to date not knowing that these tools exist but groking them as deeply as I can getting my hands dirty playing with them! It’s a good feeling.
- Somewhat tangentially but will have a lasting effect on this collection, I will never miss an annual 7 day silent ayahuasca ceremony as long as I love. Wow. Just wow.
- I believe #chatgpt is already greater than the sum of it’s technical parts. The way it parses and organizes it’s answers drives me to contemplate the way I parse things with logic to try to understand how it might be doing it as a “simple” Large Language Model.
- We might already be freakin immortal. *WE CAN TALK TO THE DEAD* For Day 27 I asked chatGPT to write an article about a haiku AS CARL SAGAN. And it did so with eerie beautiful elegance and precision. Every major figure in history, more so for those who were prolific writers, will have AI ghosts lingering in the machine now. When they train these LLMs on all of Facebook and Twitter… you will have an AI ghost too. Our ancestors are going to be able to talk to us and feel a sense of real connection and wonder. Kids born in 20 years will only know a world like that. And someday those ghosts will be arguably sentient. We might be freakin immortal already!
* * * *
I believe all the NFTs from week 4 are still available!! Click on the images for quick links to their drop pages, you can read that day’s writing there for free as well.